Plant Strong Double Chocolate Cop Killer Doughnuts
Hey you like doughnuts, right? Of course you do. And you like chocolate? Good, these are double chocolate, so you’ll double like them.
Makes 10-12 doughnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 1/4 cup organic cocoa
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (either chips or finely chopped pieces)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbs soy milk
- 1/2 tbs maple syrup
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4, 180C, or 350F
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond milk, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon juice together until they form a bubbly mixture
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, chocolate, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir to combine. The mixture will be very, very, thick, so do some forearm exercises in preparation.
- Spoon into a grease doughnut pan. I used a six space tin and did it in two batches, you might want to use a teaspoon to push the mixture into the doughnut pan properly, so your doughnuts don’t have weird bottoms.
- Bake the doughnuts for 15 minutes, and make the glaze by whisking the glaze ingredients together.
- Let the doughnuts cool in the pan for 5 minutes, dunk them in the glaze, then let them set up on a wire rack until they’re cooled and the glaze sets.
- Eat them. Dunk them in your coffee, give them to your little siblings, take them to work, leave them out for Santa, just enjoy them, okay?
Peace and love,